Monday 6/8 and Tuesday 7/8 - SUCRE
Sucre, where I arrived with the night bus from La Paz, after exactly 12 hours.
Who knew that Sucre is the constitutional capital of Bolivia? In school we all learned that was La Paz...
Monday was Bolivia's Independence days, almost all shops and agencies were closed.
After having dropped the backpack at the hostal San Francisco, I started my town visit, and quickly crossed the two German girls met during the Santa Cruz trek (Huaraz, Peru).
We went together for breakfast and continued the visit: Convento y Iglesio de la Recoleta, got my shoes repaired for 5 Bolivianos (~0.60€), fresh squeezed orange juice on the plaza (3 Bs), sandwich lunch (5Bs)... We decided to separate for the afternoon and to join later for a pizza dinner.
So I took the mini bus (1.5Bs) towards Cal Orck'o, a 50 meters high and 2 kilometers wide rock wall with thousands of 60 milion years old dinosaur footprints. The most important site of that kind in the world. Unfortunately and frustrating you may not reach it, you must stay at 200 meters distance as this rock is in an area... exploited by a ciment factory. There is an attraction park nearby "Parque Cretacio" with plastic dinosaur models, not exactly what I was looking for.. so I skipped that.
Next day I went with an english and an american guy visiting other footprints in the mountains not far from town. Difficult to access, so much wilder. There you could touch and feel the prints. Whaw.
Then it became time for the afternoon bus to Potosi.

Sucre, where I arrived with the night bus from La Paz, after exactly 12 hours.
Who knew that Sucre is the constitutional capital of Bolivia? In school we all learned that was La Paz...
Monday was Bolivia's Independence days, almost all shops and agencies were closed.
After having dropped the backpack at the hostal San Francisco, I started my town visit, and quickly crossed the two German girls met during the Santa Cruz trek (Huaraz, Peru).
We went together for breakfast and continued the visit: Convento y Iglesio de la Recoleta, got my shoes repaired for 5 Bolivianos (~0.60€), fresh squeezed orange juice on the plaza (3 Bs), sandwich lunch (5Bs)... We decided to separate for the afternoon and to join later for a pizza dinner.
So I took the mini bus (1.5Bs) towards Cal Orck'o, a 50 meters high and 2 kilometers wide rock wall with thousands of 60 milion years old dinosaur footprints. The most important site of that kind in the world. Unfortunately and frustrating you may not reach it, you must stay at 200 meters distance as this rock is in an area... exploited by a ciment factory. There is an attraction park nearby "Parque Cretacio" with plastic dinosaur models, not exactly what I was looking for.. so I skipped that.
Next day I went with an english and an american guy visiting other footprints in the mountains not far from town. Difficult to access, so much wilder. There you could touch and feel the prints. Whaw.
Then it became time for the afternoon bus to Potosi.
Officials awaiting the parade for Bolivia's Independece day
(6th of August).
Also the main square is ready for the parade.
Zebra's participate to the parade too.
Sucre's cathedral. Sucre is baroque town, painted white.
Another view on the cathedral and the main square.
People seems to like mini-foot here!
My shoes being repaired.
Sucre, the San Francisco church.
The big wall with dinosaur footprints,
unfortunately you can not approach it nearer.
The best zoom I could make on the footprints.
The wilder site, where the footprints can be touched.
Finally my foot in a dinosaur footprint, plus the photographer shadow...
Very heavy meteorite.
Who remembers this person ???

(Click to return to the home page)
No comments:
Post a Comment
nederlands welkom - français bienvenu - anche italiano